- Full Time
- Salary packaging options available, increase your take home pay!
- Work with a leading not-for-profit organisation
Our client has been helping individuals with a disability lead active, healthy lives and achieve their sporting dreams for more than 45 years. Our mission is to help people from the bedside to the courtside by building inclusive communities that enhance the lives of people with a disability through access to advocacy, rehabilitation, health and fitness, sport and active recreation.
The Association is committed to making active lives accessible. Our vision is that every Queenslander with a disability will live a more active and healthy life.
The Sport Development Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the growth of inclusive and para-sport participation in Queensland and oversee the delivery of those sports through staff employed to run the programs. You will also be responsible for growing additional programs in other locations including Rockhampton, Bundaberg and Gladstone areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee a range of sports programs in Queensland, including development and implementation of new sports and activities.
- Support on the ground staff to grow sports participation for people with a disability and work with them to identify new sports programs opportunities within the region.
- Actively support and grow the participation within each of the programs and in new programs.
- Working with the Head of Para Sports and Senior Sports Manager to drive consistency through program management and leadership, including the development of delivery frameworks for each sport.
- Oversee the coordination of the sports development pathways for each sport including:
- Managing all programs and maintaining strong relationships with programs that are run externally.
- Assisting with annual Queensland Championships
- Assisting with the involvement of Queensland teams in national championships and/or national leagues.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and education support to team members.
- Provide support to the Sport and Recreation team in respect of administration, monitoring and reporting of the annual budget, operational plan and calendar for events.
- Maintain professional relationships with internal and external Association stakeholders.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or other area relevant to the role)
- Current blue card (working with children check or the ability to attain one)
- Current first aid and CPR certificate
- Current driver licence and willingness to drive Association vehicles
- Experience in the coordination and delivery of sport pathways
- Knowledge of and experience within the Australian sports industry (particularly disability sport preferred)
- Experience working with people with a disability (preferred)
- Financial management
- Experience in supervision and coordination of staff and volunteers
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- High level interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective partnerships with a broad cross section of internal and external stakeholders
Please include a brief covering letter with your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone.