Our client’s busy Ophthalmology clinic prides themselves on a modern, purpose built and well-equipped full computerised practice with a relaxed, friendly and patient focused approach. Providing comprehensive eye care service for the Sunshine Coast and boasting a state-of-the-art facility with full diagnostic capability to manage common eye conditions such as cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration as well as less common problems.
Our client is currently seeking a full time Practice Manager, to maintain and further develop the strong reputation and gold standard practice through the effective coordination of the clinic and all associated operations. You will prioritise communication, efficiency and accountability. It is essential that you display strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
You will be dynamic, dedicated and have a “can do” attitude. Your strengths will lie in the capacity to multi-task across the week in HR, General Management, Health and Safety and Marketing duties. Our Practice Manager is inclusive, diplomatic, a natural organiser and capable team leader.
Requirements, experience and duties:
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded but not essential
- 4 years’ experience in a similar management / leadership role
- Experience in a medical specialist practice is highly regarded
- Ability to manage workflow, delegate and prioritise
- Oversee and manage theatre bookings
- Experience using VIP Medical Practice management Software is highly desirable
- Attention to detail with strong communication skills and literacy
- Proficiency in business strategy development, sales management, service provision review and improvement
- Self- directed and intuitive with a proven ability to meet deadlines, foresee and address staff and service shortfalls and initiate practice enhancement strategies
- Monitor activity calendar and progress reporting of all projects and activities to practice partners via written and verbal communication.
This role is responsible for administrative and HR management of the organisation, working closely with, and supporting the specialist Doctors. The role involves, but is not strictly limited to:
- Maintaining positive workplace morale by modelling professional integrity and transparency
- HR Management – Including but not limited to recruitment and induction activities, performance management, professional development, roster and leave management, interpretation and application of the relevant Award, payroll management, supported by our external HR advisor
- General Management and Administration Performance – including but not limited to oversight of timesheets, liaising with the external accountants, assistance with payroll, accounts and budget management in consultation with the Director.
- Marketing – Liaise with medical representatives and relevant companies regarding promotions, organising and developing external and internal marketing in consultation with the Director
- Patient Relations – Maintain and promote a high level quality service of patient management
- Inventory Management – ensure all stock is on hand at all times and processes in place to maintain stock levels and requirements.