Our client’s busy Ophthalmology clinic prides themselves on a modern, purpose built and well-equipped full computerised practice with a relaxed, friendly and patient focused approach. Providing comprehensive eye care service for the Sunshine Coast and boasting a state-of-the-art facility with full diagnostic capability to manage common eye conditions such as cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration as well as less common problems.
This is your opportunity to start your career in Medical Administration!
Our client is currently seeking a full time Junior Medical Receptionist, to join and grow within the team. You will be provided with training and the support to assist in your growth within this role. You will be surrounded with a small team that take pride in their performance, valuing honesty, hard work, ethics and integrity, teamwork with patient safety and excellent outcomes always at its heart.
The role will see you:
- Work closely with the team to deliver excellent patient care
- Be a first point of contact to patients, representing the practice brand
- Use your administration skills and exceptional phone manner to work through each day’s changing demands
What you’ll do:
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries, assist with patient billing and receipting, scanning, and filing (as required).
- Booking/rescheduling patient appointments
- Provide administrative support to medical practitioners and clinical team members within the practice
- Assist with patient lists and other administrative duties under the Practice Manager
- Function in a highly organised and time efficient manner at all times
- Demonstrate outstanding people skills with the ability to relate well to patients, health care professionals and team relations
Who you are:
We are looking for you to bring cheer and motivation to your work, prioritising organisation, autonomy and flexibility. You will have strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and an enthusiastic attitude to your work.
Core values include supportiveness, diligence, cooperation and positivity. You will be well presented, calm under pressure and comfortable balancing patient care and your administrative tasks. You can work independently but understand the value of team.
What you will need:
- You have previous experience in providing customer service
- You have an up-to-date Vaccination certificate – COVID 19
- You are a great communicator with an enthusiastic positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills
- You are very organised, diligent and are calm under pressure
- You are adaptable, flexible, with a brilliant work ethic
- You are confident using computers and savvy in learning new systems
If you’re keen to apply, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and Cover Letter stating:
- What interests you most about the role
- Relevant skills/ experience
- Salary expectations
- Notice Period