Our client is a leader in ICT disposal and deployment specialising in remarketing, installation, decommissioning, secure data destruction and repair of ICT equipment. We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our dynamic team.
The Finance Officer reports to the Management Accountant and is responsible for providing a high level of financial management support to ensure the smooth operation of all finance practices.
As a key member of the finance team, you will be a strategic thinker who is capable of juggling priorities in this fast-moving company where decisions need to be made quickly and we ‘just get on with things’.
- Completion of weekly payroll cycle, including adherence with modern award conditions for various companies within the Group
- Management of new starters, leave entitlements, superannuation, workers compensation and PAYG
- Maintenance of accurate payroll related systems and associated employee records
- Management and oversight of supplier master files including verification of ABN, GST tax codes
- Preparation of weekly payment run ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Daily reconciling of bank feeds and credit card transactions
- Daily invoicing for Sales team
- Daily updating of stock system with despatch data
- Reconciliation of individual supplier statements and accounts, as required
- Maintenance of accurate customer master files
- Preparation and distribution of invoices, credit notes and statements
- Follow up payment for outstanding invoices and raise any concerns with Management Accountant
- Process customer payments and allocate against applicable invoice and relevant bank deposits
- Accurate processing and allocation of client rebates across client invoices
- Review monthly profit & loss statement highlighting any issues with Management Accountant
- Provide customer service and support on all Accounts Payable and Receivable enquiries
Your skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in a financial and administrative support role of an organisation for a minimum of 3 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with MYOB Accounting software
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach, consistently going above and beyond to achieve outstanding results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills support by interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Effective organisational and time management skills
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
You must have the right to work in Australia in order for your application to be successful.