Our client is an innovative and emerging business within the events and exhibitions industry who focus on the supply of high-end temporary event infrastructure such as exhibition displays, trade booths and event theming concepts. Established in 2013, the business has delivered large scale custom stand builds and major exhibitions right across the country. The businesses exceptional customer service and steadfast approach to innovating have been key factors in its success to date. Consequently, an exciting opportunity has arisen for casual building and assembly supervisors to join the team.
You will report to the Project Manager, and you will be expected to visit client display exhibitions to deliver projects on their behalf. You will work with a team to effectively build and execute each project, and so strong leadership skills are a must. It’s important that you have a client-focused attitude and are happy to pitch in where needed.
Based in Brisbane, this role will see you deliver on client expectations by assembling exhibition displays, infrastructure or artwork at client events.
It is crucial that you work in a timely manner and are organised. Client locations are predominantly in Brisbane, however you must be willing to travel to the Gold Coast or Regional areas from time to time.
Your key duties will include:
- Assemble and build client exhibition displays, infrastructure and artwork according to specification and effectively troubleshoot any issues.
- Disassemble client displays following each event and ensure transportation of the display to the appropriate location occurs.
- Liaise with key staff within Head Office regarding delivery times, locations and display specifications.
- Effectively manage a team during client events to ensure a smooth delivery of the project.
You will have:
- A strong interest in assembling or building displays of various shapes and sizes.
- Ability to think creatively and meet client expectations.
- Proven ability to multi-task different priorities.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills with an exceptional personality.
- Ability to lead a team and ensure key deliverables are met.
- Experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.
- Understand Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- You must have a valid and clean forklift licence.
- You must have a clean, open, manual Queensland drivers licence.
- You must have a General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
This position would suit someone with great skills who loves to build different things and enjoys a creative element in their work.
While experience in a similar role is advantageous, a warm and friendly personality is a must.
You must have full Australian working rights to apply for this position.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Any queries – please call Stefan on 1300 168 747.